Party Poker is part of bwin party digital entertainment plc. The company is listed one of the world’s largest especially in online gaming business. The website is also the product of the merger between PartyGaming and bwin in 2011. The company is well known for its leading market position in: poker, casino, bingo and sports betting.
The company also has other leading brands like Foxy Bingo, PartyCasino, Party Poker and bwin. The website along with its mother company has one mantra: “Let the World Play for Real.” According to the site, the mission of Party Poker is to: – “to be a leading digital entertainment company that anticipates market demands and delights our consumers by offering smart, safe and fun real money games.”
Before you can play games on the site, you should create an account. Party Poker is only accessible to people aged 18 and up. You cannot play unless you satisfy the age requirements.
Starting at Party Poker
You can take a software tour around the site and games to be familiar with what Party Poker has in store. The software tour shows how you can do faster plays, view mission and achievements. The website offers a video on how to – it should not take long for you to understand how to work with the site and its software.
When starting out, you can click the Lobby. The lobby allows you to look at all your preferred or favorite games. With just one click, you can access the poker tables you want.
As mentioned, there is also the Mission section. In this area, you can accept ot decline a challenge. The rewards per challenge vary depending on the level of difficulity. You can decide whether you want to test out the table or not.
The Achievements section, as the name implies, offers you a list of your personal milestones, playes and little wins. You can take note of your achievements to see which ones you can get and improve on.
Party Poker encourages social poker. You will have access to a Friends section. You can re-challenge people or simply connect.
Other sections you can explore include:
- fastforward – you can just go forward and move to a new table or hand if you do not like what you are given.
- Cash games – they are the core of poker. You can play for big or loose change money. You can even limit your bets to as little as you want. Play any time of the day at Party Poker. There is always something you can do.
- Tournaments – if you wish a more organized approach to poker than choose tournaments. There more than 500 tournaments provided on the site. You can choose which ones to take on.
- Account – this is your home. You can find just about anything you need to play at Party Poker in your account. It is also your ticket to the tournaments and games.
- Profile – this is your public reputation. You can choose to show off what you achieved or show friends what you have been up to.
- Hand History – this monitors the best and worst hands you had. You can check on these and see which areas of your play you need to work on.
When starting out, you have can access to a range of options. These include:
- Multi-table tournaments (MTT) – there are more than 500 tournaments to choose from. You can play depending on your desired pot, prizes and win points.
- Sit & Go tournaments (SNG) – you can start playing once the table is full. Just click on the table you want and you are good to go. Just wait for the prompt starting the game.
- 1Click Lobby – as mentioned you can access this section if you wish to go to games as quickly as possible. All your potential tables right within a click away.
You have to create an account with the site to begin accessing its features. For fixing the site and viewing it properly, take note of the following:
How to set screen resolution in Win7:
- Right click on the desktop
- Browse through the context menu and choose ‘Screen resolution’
- Adjust the resolution. This should around 1024 X 768.
- Choose ‘Apply.’
If you want to make font changes, it is also very easy. To do this, follow these steps:
- Select ‘Make text and other items larger or smaller’
- Choose ‘Small’ fonts
- Proceed with ‘Apply’
- Restart your computer
You can also tweak the site and program to match Windows XP better. To do this, set the screen resolution to 1024×768 including DPI settings at 96. To set the screen resolution, take note of these:
- Open the ‘Start’ button
- Chooset ‘Settings/Control Panel’
- Click twice on the ‘Display’
- Open ‘Settings’
- Change the settings to 1024×768
- Open the ‘Advanced’ button and tweak the font settings. Choose ‘Font Size/DPI Setting’ instead of ‘Small/Normal Fonts (96 DPI)’
- Choose ‘Apply’ then confirm with the ‘OK’ button
Restart your computer to begin using the program properly. Party Poker also offers limit poker. Under limit games, you can find buy-ins at least equal to 10x in the big bind. You do not have to deal with maximum buy-in. Party Poker is a great site to check out if you want some life in your poker gaming.