Playing any casino game online is great fun and roulette is no exception to this rule. As one of the most popular games in any land-based casino, it’s little wonder that there are hundreds of variations found on online casino sites.
As fun as roulette can be however, there are several things that are worth bearing in mind:
- First thing’s first – to win at roulette, you’re going to need to find a reputable casino site where the games on offer are both safe and fair. You should find a legitimate casino that is fully licensed by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission and one which carries the best security practices to ensure that your stake and winnings are going to the right places. It’s worth noting that many sites also let you play roulette free as an incentive for you to sign up.
- Heading to the roulette wheel with a strategy in mind may seem like a great idea, but you must remember that there is no system that exists which can guarantee a win. The wheel is not designed that way. That said, it’s probably worth looking at the Paroli system. This is a system in which you double your stake after each win, so in a sense you’re gambling with the casino’s money rather than your own. It should be noted however that this is just a theory – beware of coming to rely on it completely.
- Several strategies will claim that they are able to reduce the house edge. Though they may seem to work some of the time, this will not always be the case. Casinos aren’t here to give you money. They’re ultimately money making organizations which is why casino games have an in-built a house edge in the first place. Of course, the casino does not win all the time and players can win big. However, it’s important to understand the house edge. If you’re looking to keep this advantage as low as possible, French Roulette could be the game for you as this form of the game offers the lowest risk.
- Before you begin to play any roulette – or any online casino game for that matter – check out the table limits. Many games are tailored towards high rollers which means the minimum bets can be as high as £100.00 and this may not be ideal for you. Gambling at such a table can lead you to spending money that you don’t have, so it’s important that you manage your funds wisely.
- If you do seem to be losing a succession of bets, don’t think you must persevere – you may just be chasing the myth of the “gambler’s fallacy”. The thought of the ‘big win’ is down to human nature but, no matter how hard you try, roulette and casinos just do not work that way. Instead, accept that the spin is down to pure chance. Keep this in mind when making decisions and placing bets and you’ll soon find yourself becoming a better player.